Although I don't feel like I've progressed much from where I was last year, when I look at all the new things I've learnt and skills I've acquired I've done pretty well. As well as all those fun things, I do feel like I've put a lot more effort into my blog, as well as making more YouTube videos, and even reaching 5,000 subscribers, which is a big achievement for me.
On the 1st January last year, I wrote this post, outlining my resolutions for the new year. I definitely think I've achieved the blogging more often one - I've tried my best to blog most days and although sometimes I find it difficult, I've tried my best throughout the year. I've also properly ventured into the world of YouTube which is a big thing for me. In terms of saving money, I have definitely got a little better. Buying this book has helped a lot, and made me much more aware of how much money I spend on unnecessary things. Although I think I still give in and splurge a little more often than I should, any improvement is something. In terms of my resolution to get healthy, it's a bit of a mixed bag really. Whilst I put my all into running and having a healthy diet, and actually lost a bit of weight, I quickly put it back on once my holiday came and I gave up on running AND dieting. The recent festivities haven't helped much either, but I'm hoping things will change dramatically in 2014!
Tomorrow I'll be blogging some resolutions for 2014, but for now I thought I'd leave you with a few things I learnt this year...
1. Putting things off is never a good idea. Do it now or you might never get it done.
2. Don't feel disheartened if you don't succeed at something straight away. Determination will get you everywhere.
3. Drinking an entire bottle of wine before you even venture out can only ever end in disaster.
4. When wearing red lipstick, always line your lips beforehand. It'll get messy otherwise.
5. Don't set yourself unattainable goals. Any improvement is an achievement.
6. Taking the time to invest in a proper skincare routine really does pay off.
7. Leaving things until the very last minute never ends well.
8. When it comes to painting your nails, it really is all in the prep.
9. Remember that nobody has everything all together, even if they look like they do.
10. It's okay to make mistakes, as long as you learn from them.
What did you learn in 2013? Was it a good year for you?